Wednesday, June 16, 2010

She said "I Love You"!

This was just yesterday, right?! It feels about that recent that this fuzzy-little head was bobbing around my shoulder and cheek. She was three months-old to the day... I worried that as Evie would grow, out of the sleeping-on-your-chest stage, that I would lament the changes. And as much as this picture makes me miss the baby days with Evie...


I am surprised each day with new sweetness.


This is a good day...
While Evie was sitting on my lap this morning, she looked up at me and said, "I love you" and then snuggled in a little more. Unprompted, not "I love you too", but just out of the blue, a sweet expression of love! And if that wasn't enough to make me tear up as I'm typing it, more sweetness followed. After getting out some baby spoons, Evie brought me a spoon with some pretend broccoli to eat with her. Then she tells me I'm a "nice lady". 
I think somebody might need to come and scoop me off the floor, I'm a puddle of goo now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...