Friday, May 20, 2011

"Society is Afraid of Alonedom"


 Did I forget to share this with you until now?!
I'm so sorry. 

Tanya Davis is the performer/poet in this video... 
I relish her vulnerability, there is strength in it. 
I have posted another video of hers previously, I love it also.
I wish she would perform somewhere nearer to here than Canada, sigh.



I was out with a friend the other night and the topic of going to a movie alone came up in our conversation. Mentally and verbally I applauded her for doing so herself, and I was reminded of this video. These lines are especially nice.

"Society is afraid of alonedom, like lonely hearts are wasting away in basements, like people must have problems if, after a while, nobody is dating them. but lonely is a freedom that breaths easy and weightless and lonely is healing if you make it."

We shouldn't be afraid of being alone.
There is a lot to be said for the comfort of our own company.



1 comment:

my little celebration said...

I LOVE this. Thanks for sharing! What a pure talent she is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...