Monday, August 30, 2010

Apples, Peaches and Hyacinth Beans


Is a beautifully ripe, red-speckledy apple a worthy trade for several broken bones and a traumatized toddler? Need a moment to weigh the options... no? That's probably wise.

This was the question troubling me whilst I was balancing twelve, tangled feet up inside of an apple tree, stretching for the fruit that was precariously out of my reach. (I know that was a tediously, long sentence, but I had to paint a picture in your mind since I ran out of the house without my camera.)


Evie and I had the fun of picking apples and peaches with our good friend Cindy this morning. And Cindy made the observation that she could better sympathize with Eve's temptation, so could I... boy that fruit was tantalizing!


I was such a mess from tangling with those trees!


And this is a bit random, but that's never stopped me before...
my hyacinth beans have become really beautiful! Not everything has survived our record-breaking hot Summer, but that is mostly my fault. I'm a wimp in the heat, I wilted after all.


Now, what shall I do with all these apples and peaches...?

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Yummy... I'm sure you'll come up with something good to do with all of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...