Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day



Today is a bright and cheery day for several reasons... 
would you like to know those reasons? 
(This might require a bullet list, there are quite a few! I'm a wordy girl, I know.)


  • First of all, it is gorgeous outside. 
  •  Even though the wind is blowing 30mph, Philip rode his bike to work today. I'm happy he got to ride!
  • This Spring, Spring, Spring weather is perfect for the park! And we didn't only get to go to a very cool park, but we met up with some of our favorite people! 
  • Then we had lunch at Freddy's, oh my! It was there that I realized our group was slightly extraordinary (because several people were noticing us and tallying momma's and kiddos...), 4 mommas and 7 babes under the age of four.
  • I must hurry away from the computer to make Apple Brownies to bring for a corned beef dinner at my folk's house tonight. (Which is why I'm only posting this one photo, more to come later.) Maybe I will take pictures of the brownie making and share the recipe later as well. They are unreal! So, add Apple Brownies to the list and a special dinner with my parents!
  • Then from dinner we all are going to see my cousin Molly dance, she's an Irish Dancer! Evie is so into Angelina Ballerina and dancing, so I cannot wait for her to see another type of dance. And I cannot wait to see Molly either, I know she's good.
 

There is one more reason that I'm excited for today. 
In a nutshell, it's sort of a personal anniversary... twelve years ago on St. Patrick's Day I was going through one of the most difficult experiences of my life. I left Denver and moved back home. But that breaking point, as traumatic and anguishing as it was, was what it took for me to look back to God and truly see His faithfulness to me. He took me from devastation, freed me from hopelessness, made me new and gave me pure joy. Those phrases seem trite, but I write them with earnestness. I'm sorry if that is vague to share such a big part of my life in a few, short sentences. Most of the people close to me know my story, but if you want to know more I'd be happy to share. Just send me an email, or leave a comment if you'd like to hear more.






1 comment:

mpoffman said...

Em, I'm so glad God is faithful and you belong to Him. Happy, blessed anniversary!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...